Thursday 28 May 2015

May Favourites


It's that time of the month again - I literally can't believe its almost June! I didn't do a favourite last month as I didn't use any new products, but this month I've changed up my make up and haircare routine a bit so I thought it was appropriate to do a post featuring the new products.


Maybelline have always been my go-to for mascaras. I've tried benefit, and I've tried Rimmel, but I always find my way back to this brand. Their mascaras are always high quality, and whenever a new one is released I can't help but get excited (another bonus is how affordable they are!). One of the most recent releases is the 'Lash Sensational' mascara, and boy have they outdone themselves this time. I didn't think I could love anything more than the Falsies, but I was wrong. My lashes end up looking SO much thicker and longer, I recommend this completely!
Another favourite of mine is the Nars 'Laguna' bronzer - thank God I like it because it cost a bomb! I've loved Nars for quite a while, but this bronzer really beats any other products I've tried. The product isn't too shimmery, and applies well with not a lot of blending needed to finish the contour effect. I will definitely repurchase this once I've finished, because its worth the money I paid.

 
Since I ran out of my No7 daytime moisturiser, I've been looking for a different brand to try. This is the 'Good Things' Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser, which smells so nice! The moisturiser is aimed at teenage skin, and minimises the oily look that teenagers often acquire throughout the day. Love.
My Mum bought me this set of Tony&Guy 'Nourish' Shampoo and conditioner (my sister had the shampoo so I couldn't photograph it), which makes my hair feel a lot softer, especially on the bleached ends. It also smells exactly like the shampoo at my hair salon, so every day is a fresh cut day!
 
 
Lastly is a couple of quite random favourites. First of all, Smart Water. I have always been able to taste the difference between brands of water, which might sound weird, but its true (for example, Evian YES, Buxton NOPE). Smart Water is my latest obsession, and I've been drinking it non stop. Would you get me if I said it tasted fresh and crisp? Probably not, but that's how I'd describe it. Plus, if it makes me smarter during this exam season, who am I to refuse?
Sarah Dessen is my all time favourite author and writing inspiration. Every time she releases a new book I am straight out to Waterstones to get it, and even in the depths of my most recent reading slump I finished this within a day. I won't post a review here, but trust me when I say that 'Saint Anything', like every other one of her titles, is well worth a read.
 
What have you been loving this May?
Stay beautiful!
Emily xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig