Sunday 7 February 2016

Baylis and Harding Valentines Collection*

 
Happy Sunday, I hope your week has been kind to you!
 
Valentines is swiftly approaching (catch my gift guide here), and as you could probably tell from my ongoing theme of all things pink, its a holiday I adore. As girls/bloggers, we're obviously very in the know about everything limited edition for Valentines, and know what we are wishing for when it comes to the special day. For some of us, it may be a good idea to give the men in our life a nudge in the right direction - and with this Baylis&Harding set of candles I know I could help you give him the push he needs.

Baylis&Harding is one of those luxury brands that you always know will go down well at Christmas, with their Beauticology flavours such as gingerbread and peppermint. Until I was contacted to see if I wanted to review a product, I wasn't aware that they produced other seasonal collections - and let me tell you folks, if you haven't smelt/seen their 2015 Valentines range then you are missing out.
 
Lately for me scent-wise, its all about the fresh and fruity; as soon as it hit January 1st I was well out of that overpoweringly sweet door (sometimes all that chocolate just goes to your head!) The other weekend I purchased a Pear and Magnolia deodorant and LOVED it, so when I saw that this 3 Candle Gift set had the same scent, I was all over it. To be frank with you, I'm not about that floral life, but when you match the scent of fresh magnolia with the sweetness of pear, golly gosh it is a delight for the nostrils. So the verdict for scent for this product (and lets be honest, for a scented candle this is a pretty defining factor) is a strong 10/10.
 
 
This product is around £15-20 depending on where you pick it up -  I found this exact candle set here from Argos, but there are zillions of places you could find it! It's a three candle luxury gift set, and the presentation of the packaging, not to mention the actual candles, is beautiful. I'm a sucker for prettiness, and when I saw the collection my eyes were drawn right away to the gorgeous metallic look of the candles. Although I love a good Yankee Candle, the packaging just doesn't do it for me in the same way that this shiny baby pink/silver packaging does - I would happily put this on my dresser and use it in blog photos (in fact, I had SO much fun taking the photos for this post - how cute does the product look next to those flowers?!)
 
 
All in all I would say this is a wonderful luxury product, and definitely not a faux-luxury item (you know the type.) The baby pink, rose gold and floral box is too pretty to throw away, and the actual candles smell so refreshing, and I think that this would make a lovely gift to give a loved one this Valentines. I'm genuinely over the moon that I have these, I burned one this afternoon whilst revising some Chemistry and it definitely calmed my frustrated nerves!
 
Thanks a million to Colbert Macalister PR for getting in touch and sponsoring this post - although I was gifted this item, you guys know that I don't say yes to any old collaboration and that I post genuine and honest reviews. The B&H range this year is, in my opinion, better than it ever has been, and I encourage you to go check out the rest of the collection (I'm loving the heart gift set - so cute!)
 
Have you ever tried this iconic brand, and what are you wishing for this Valentines?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ah I'm obsessed with candles and these look gorgeous, the packaging is perfect for Valentines too! x

    Lorna | Girl in Albion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They smell divine too! Thanks for commenting :)
      Em xo

      Delete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig